Cam selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

alrobjr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 4, 2009
Can you install Comp-Cams 268 Hydralic Flat Tappet in a bone stock Buick 350 engine? If not whats the next best cam that I can install ? Note(8.5:1 compression,rocker ratio 1.55:1 ,.381/398 lift,duration 282-304 ,intake 1.88 in.bore & 3.85 stroke)

I don't see why not. I stuck one in a bone stock 301 years ago. Made that thing run like a dream.

i put a cc 268h in a stock 305, i did eventually upgrade the valve springs and got more rpm out of it but i ran mine for a few years and liked it

Hey Bubba or Phoenyx did you'll use the stock springs or do I have to order some to go with the cam ?

alrobjr said:
Hey Bubba or Phoenyx did you'll use the stock springs or do I have to order some to go with the cam ?

i did use stock springs but eventually did upgrade to an edelbrock set and noticed a huge difference

I used stock ones too. Never had a problem. But 301s aren't really known for reving high enough to run into that lol.

Phoenyx, what lifters did you use with that cam? The generic Pontiac 350-400-455 ones that usually come in the kits, or the specific 301 lifters?

Well I bought the cam at a swap meet(was new in the box), but had no lifters. So I just want and bought a set for a 301. I can't remember the brand or anything. They were just stock replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor