Camaro rear disc write ups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

94gtfreak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2009
Just like the title says....anyone know of one. Looking around at a junkyard today I saw several 94-02 Camaros that still had all the rear disc stuff intact. What all is needed to put discs on my 84?

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
theres a very good writeup on turbobuick.com use their search feature should find it.

79loserbluebu

G-Body Guru
May 9, 2009
Illinois
From what I've read, the conversion is pretty straight forward. However, there's quite a bit of confusion on the valving and correct pressure to get the system right. The parking brake is pretty much a toss up deal and the shock relocation brackets, Ed Miller from flynbye now sells those as well.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
79loserbluebu said:
From what I've read, the conversion is pretty straight forward. However, there's quite a bit of confusion on the valving and correct pressure to get the system right. The parking brake is pretty much a toss up deal and the shock relocation brackets, Ed Miller from flynbye now sells those as well.
whatabout the porportioning valve? does it have to be changed?

3XBrownCutty

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2008
NW PA
^^ yes it does, i've heard its best to go with an adjustable unit, then you can tweak it to your liking as far as front to rear ratio

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
3XBrownCutty said:
^^ yes it does, i've heard its best to go with an adjustable unit, then you can tweak it to your liking as far as front to rear ratio
and were cud i get one from?

94gtfreak

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 6, 2009
Thanks all!

kuruption...not sure on price. Waiting on a lil money to come in before i worry about it. Write up seems fairly easy.

kuruption109

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 28, 2008
highland, CA
94gtfreak said:
Thanks all!

kuruption...not sure on price. Waiting on a lil money to come in before i worry about it. Write up seems fairly easy.
ok i might go to the yard tomorrow gotta see how my car actin when i get home tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor