Camel bucket seat upholstery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeye79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 1, 2017
Crestline, Ohio
Been looking everywhere for Camel colored bucket seat upholstery front and rear with no luck.
Been able to find sandstone not sure how much difference in color that would be but it looks lighter from the pictures I can see online.
Anybody have any idea where I could find the correct interior color or have any of you use sandstone in place of camel?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have only seen sandstone as a stock replacement which is lighter than camel.
You might have to supply the material to a vendor for them to make a set for your specific car or try a local upholstery shop.
I did my Monte many years ago and went from light gray 60/40 seats to camel Cerullo buckets and I bought enough extra material to have the backseat and visors done at a local shop and then I made my upper door panels and headliner out of the remaining material.

IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1457.JPG

Reactions: 2 users

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
Theres a place up by port Huron here that has camel fabric, real close to orig fabric, also SMS in Oregon has nos, I have a roll of 7 yds of Lombardy. Nos, it’s expensive. You wouldn’t want to pay, lol I’ll dig out my contacts.
the repot stuff I’ve seen, looks like a corduroy, will that work.
I got a nos roll a d thread of camel seat belt webbing too. Hard to find shat.
you got a Z28?

Last edited:

Buckeye79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 1, 2017
Crestline, Ohio
I have only seen sandstone as a stock replacement which is lighter than camel.
You might have to supply the material to a vendor for them to make a set for your specific car or try a local upholstery shop.
I did my Monte many years ago and went from light gray 60/40 seats to camel Cerullo buckets and I bought enough extra material to have the backseat and visors done at a local shop and then I made my upper door panels and headliner out of the remaining material.

View attachment 176374 View attachment 176377

Theres a place up by port Huron here that has camel fabric, real close to orig fabric, also SMS in Oregon has nos, I have a roll of 7 yds of Lombardy. Nos, it’s expensive. You wouldn’t want to pay, lol I’ll dig out my contacts.
the repot stuff I’ve seen, looks like a corduroy, will that work.
I got a nos roll a d thread of camel seat belt webbing too. Hard to find shat.
you got a Z28?
Thanks. Sold the Z a couple years ago. Apparently like building them more than driving

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
i too would love to get some of that. thanks for the info

Burd

Greasemonkey
Apr 7, 2021
Detroit
Here’s what I got.
the saddle headliner was a shade off, looks great. You don’t want it all the match. Guys tend to soray everything to match, everything didn’t match from the factory.
the PUI doesn’t look like Lombardy, there’s another, I’ll run it down, it’s a close match I hear.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:

Buckeye79

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 1, 2017
Crestline, Ohio
Here’s what I got.
the saddle headliner was a shade off, looks great. You don’t want it all the match. Guys tend to soray everything to match, everything didn’t match from the factory.
the PUI doesn’t look like Lombardy, there’s another, I’ll run it down, it’s a close match I hear.
I just checked and original auto interiors is closed and sold to SMS. Not sure if I want to go the whole route of starting from scratch or just settling on a prefab set in sandstone. It's a custom build so not worried about originality.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor