Status
Not open for further replies.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Is anyone in any Corolla groups?

🤣🤣🤣
Or racer groups cause you know, race car engine.
Driving Fast And Furious GIF by Perrine Land

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Tynan, my $2000 Corolla is going to actually make me $100k before I retire it. I can show you the math if you'd like. Never once left me hanging and all I've done is preventative maintenance. My Cutlass hasn't made me a single dime. Just food for thought from an internet stranger.
Seriously consider one as a driver, then your Monte can be a lawn ornament and look cool. I should have bought back my hail damaged 04 Corolla for my Daughter's to drive. Instead I bought a Dakota with the money🤪. A legit 55 mpg Imperial on the highway with the same 130 HP as your Monte. One seat belt and wheel bearing in its 225,000 km life. The only issue was, it ate tires. Talking 50,000 km, decent Goodyear tires were absolutely worn out, nothing odd in the wear pattern. Alignment was done and later checked at another shop, supposedly in spec. Also the car being so light, 2500 pounds, it needed studded Winter tires for any kind of traction. A minor issue, those 15" tires are cheap for that Corolla.

Reactions: 2 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
The logic of trying to explain a reliable vehicle is lost here.
I've had a couple Honda Civics that have made me almost half a mil at this point and will get me much more. Those cars are extremely reliable. I drove the first one to the point it fell apart faster than I could fix it, and I'm not slow when I fix something. Daily driver gets the priority attention. That car had well into the 350k miles range it was just small stuff that kept going and I wanted to upgrade to something better.
On my second one now and have put tires on it and an AC Compressor in the almost 4 years I've had it. Not even 150k on it so plenty of life left.

Last edited:

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Once the total of the receipts are tallied on this turd, an LS swap will start looking like a budget build

And

:popcorn:

Last edited:
  • Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor