Can anyone reccomend a good (comprehensive) shop manual...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fnlowrider

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 23, 2020
Myrtle beach
Rodger 1 is exactly right you can find used shop manuals on eBay which is what I would recommend they are a little pricey but they go into great detail for just about any kind of repair you want to tackle. $10 repair manuals are not much more than a big fat owners manual if you want to do your own work you will get to know your car and save a ton of money at the same time money well spent and a good question

Reactions: 1 user

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Rodger 1 is exactly right you can find used shop manuals on eBay which is what I would recommend they are a little pricey but they go into great detail for just about any kind of repair you want to tackle. $10 repair manuals are not much more than a big fat owners manual if you want to do your own work you will get to know your car and save a ton of money at the same time money well spent and a good question
Cool. Got one coming.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Cool. Got one coming.
I'd recommend picking up the Fisher body service manual of the same year. It will have some things the factory chassis service manual doesnt, and it's not just sheetmetal type stuff like you might think.

Also, there's usually some factory supplements in a given year that you can keep an eye out for as well. When it's a car you plan to keep the couple extra dollars are well spent.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
I'd recommend picking up the Fisher body service manual of the same year. It will have some things the factory chassis service manual doesnt, and it's not just sheetmetal type stuff like you might think.

Also, there's usually some factory supplements in a given year that you can keep an eye out for as well. When it's a car you plan to keep the couple extra dollars are well spent.
Yep got a fisher body manual on it's way also.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
For '81 there is the service manual, Fisher manual, a unit repair manual (overhaul), a advance info shop manual. I've got lucky to get them all plus a '76-'81('87 edition) parts catalog.

Tuffregal83

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2016
Lockport, Il
Can never go wrong with the GM books got these on eBay and they were one town over so I went and picked them up
Didn't pay that much for them the guy was happy they were going to a good home.
20200328_083036.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor