Can anyone take a pic of where this connects?

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey
Ok so reading these posts jogged my memory. I tucked a bunch of wiring in the drivers fenderwell. I unrolled it all and there was my connector. Blower motor works on high now. (I did replace the relay too, fixed that issue too!)
Tried hooking up the factory ac harness to the low pressure switch and the compressor and still nothing. (I've been running it on a separate wired key on switched relay circuit)

I remember needing to ground a few pins or jumper something to get the factory ac harness to work without the computer. Anyone know exactly what I need so my compressor will come on via the hvac controls and not via a separate circuit?

Thanks so much for the help so far!

marcar1993

G-Body Guru
Aug 31, 2007
New Jersey

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I just looked at what I have. One wire coming aff the alternator that splits into 3. One goes to the bulkhead connector, one goes to the AC and the last goes to the starter and that one has the fusible link. Im assuming thats fine since I copied the original harness.
On the OE harness the one fusible link just protects the lights & has no splices. The other protects everything else that gets the main power.

383_StealthRam

Greasemonkey
Dec 29, 2016
Looking at this diagram I just need to ground the black wire from the c497 plug to do what the ecm is no longer doing then my factory harness will work.
Does this sound correct?
The HVAC dash control should send 12v to the Compressor control relay, and the relay is enabled by finding a ground path through the pressure cycling switch which will send power to the AC Clutch coil.

Simple test is to check for +12v on that green (or light green) wire in that connector when you turn on the AC from the dash. If you don't have power there, backtrack to the dash control head, and it's power feed from the fuse panel. If you do have 12v at the green wire underhood, you need to make sure the pressure switch is working (closed) and providing that ground to turn it on. Of course if the system has no refrigerant in it, that would have to be addressed before troubleshooting the electrical controls imho.

As far as the brown wire goes that used to be grounded by the ECM, here's more info that might help you out... credit to 69hurstolds

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor