Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2018
Can i change a 79 Malibu front with a 82 EL camino front having issues finding the head light bezels for 79 only the right side

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Fenders are different for 82-87

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
You can put '82 up header panels on '78-'81 fenders but you can not put '78-'81 header panels on '82 up fenders because they don't have the "pocket" for the older headers side marker lights. Another note is the '82 up rad supports have a bigger opening in the area behind the headlights. Not sure if it was cause of the new header or another G body need that change.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

zdeckich

Master Mechanic
Jun 23, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Can i change a 79 Malibu front with a 82 EL camino front having issues finding the head light bezels for 79 only the right side

Where you located? I have a 80/81 header panel on my 78 malibu and would like to do a 78/79 header panel.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
That would be great if you guys can work out a trade.

Lima, the only other thing you'd need for the quad headlight header panel conversion, would be the wiring harness...or you can modify the one you have by adding additional sockets, etc.

Pagrunt pretty much summed it up in a nutshell. The radiator support can be enlarged to accept the quad headlight configuration. So, no need to replace that, unless yours is rusty.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor