Can I change the turn signal lever without removing the column?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
The chrome is pealing off my turn signal lever. I do not have cruse and do not have intermittent wipers. Is there anyway to change this thing without needing to remove the column? The pictures of the part I have seen do not show a wire, is there one that is just not displayed? Any one have a picture of the actual part out of the car?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Should be able to just twist and pop it out. I've done it.

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
s-l500.jpg
yep they pull out. if yours has a wire you will have to figure how to get the new wire in the column mine dont have the wire. but the control will pull out of the column

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
As Blake442 stated it pulls straight out, if you can't find a replacement the same style you currently have without cruise and wipers you can cut off the wires for the other style and just push it in and it will work the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor