Can somebody tell my why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
So Im always going through craigslist and ebay when I have some down time. Im planiing a 6.0 for my Malibu.
I made myself a promise that in order not to lose my mind or spend way too much time on the computer when I need to be doing other things, that I would take my list and put all the parts I need /want in order and get them in that order.
So now I keep coming across awsome deals on everything except the next thing on my list? Am I destined to lose my mind? lol
Do any of you find yourselves in a similar situation? Or is it just me.

Bar50

Royal Smart Person
Jan 1, 2009
Tulsa, OK
If you are going carbed, get a 5.3, if you are going injected, spend more, get an LS2 from an Escalade or GTO.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
Don't try to fight it...it's much bigger than all of us.There is no cure!

Dinosport

G-Body Guru
Jul 20, 2015
Ct
If you are going carbed, get a 5.3, if you are going injected, spend more, get an LS2 from an Escalade or GTO.

I already have a 6.0 LY6. It didn't come with any of the accessories, harness or ecu, even the flywheel is missing. It was pulled for a recall at 21000. It does have an intake/injectors and throttle body. None of which I plan to use. So you can imagine my kat is pretty long. I also want to eliminate the vvt.
I found myself online all the time searching for things and info. I decided I would stop and put the list in order and go from there. Then I come across all the other stuff not what's next on list. You just have to laugh.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
this is why I can't get into our spare bedroom!

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Piece meal is where you get goruged in engine swaps. Always better to buy a complete setup or a donor car.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
My advice is buy it while you can. In the end you will save more money. You shoulda seen me saving to build my engine. I had front and rear suspension, an 8.5 rear end, etc... before I completed the engine. It took way longer than expected but I was planning on buying those parts anyway. When you get a deal on something you may eventually need grab it!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor