Can someone identify this switch

rogus

rogus

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2020
Haven't got my manuals yet and there's no wires connected to this thing to help me identify it so can someone please tell me what this switch is supposed to do?
unknown switch.jpg
backofswitch.jpg

5spdCab

G-Body Guru
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Is that mirror heat, or maybe rear window defrost? Looks like the mirror remote switch above?

Reactions: rogus
rogus

rogus

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2020
Thanks everyone for their assistance. This year elky is kinda of a new experience for me.

69hurstolds

69hurstolds

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Part number says it's a rear window defogger switch. F and G body Chevrolet, and similar year B-body Pontiac. Either the picture is upside down, or the switch is mounted upside down. Those little heat wave arrows should be facing up.

A word of note. If you see that symbol on a rectangle, typically it's for the rear glass. If you see it with an arc on the upper and lower "window" border, it's the windshield.

pagrunt

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Part number says it's a rear window defogger switch. F and G body Chevrolet, and similar year B-body Pontiac. Either the picture is upside down, or the switch is mounted upside down. Those little heat wave arrows should be facing up.

A word of note. If you see that symbol on a rectangle, typically it's for the rear glass. If you see it with an arc on the upper and lower "window" border, it's the windshield.

Not sure why but all '86-'88 MC's have them mounted like that. My '86 parts car & a few of my spare newer cluster bezels are like that.

Reactions: rogus
Tomeal

Tomeal

Master Mechanic
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Thanks everyone for their assistance. This year elky is kinda of a new experience for me.
Rear window defrost on an elky..... That would be interesting.

Reactions: fleming442

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor