Can someone identify this switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Haven't got my manuals yet and there's no wires connected to this thing to help me identify it so can someone please tell me what this switch is supposed to do?
unknown switch.jpg
backofswitch.jpg

rogus

Master Mechanic
Mar 14, 2020
Thanks everyone for their assistance. This year elky is kinda of a new experience for me.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Part number says it's a rear window defogger switch. F and G body Chevrolet, and similar year B-body Pontiac. Either the picture is upside down, or the switch is mounted upside down. Those little heat wave arrows should be facing up.

A word of note. If you see that symbol on a rectangle, typically it's for the rear glass. If you see it with an arc on the upper and lower "window" border, it's the windshield.

Defrost_Indicators_1_windshield_defrost_indicator_light_and_the_rear_window_defrost_indicator_light

• Informative
Reactions: 3 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Part number says it's a rear window defogger switch. F and G body Chevrolet, and similar year B-body Pontiac. Either the picture is upside down, or the switch is mounted upside down. Those little heat wave arrows should be facing up.

A word of note. If you see that symbol on a rectangle, typically it's for the rear glass. If you see it with an arc on the upper and lower "window" border, it's the windshield.

Defrost_Indicators_1_windshield_defrost_indicator_light_and_the_rear_window_defrost_indicator_light
Not sure why but all '86-'88 MC's have them mounted like that. My '86 parts car & a few of my spare newer cluster bezels are like that.

Reactions: 1 user

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Thanks everyone for their assistance. This year elky is kinda of a new experience for me.

Rear window defrost on an elky..... That would be interesting.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor