Can someone post a 265/50/15 pic on a 7 inch wheel? The 8 inch rims I was offered are 7 inch now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
The seller made an honest mistake and told me he did measure the outside rim or lip and it did show 8 inches........
he finally agreed they are 7 inch SSII's..............but now I have a 265/50/15 tire that I need to mount and will it go on the
7 inch and how do they look?

I appreciate any pics provided...........I am looking at the safety and the visual as far as side bulge too..........Thanks

Last edited:

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It'll be fine. I've got 275/60-15 on a 7" rim. Yes, I know it's not a G body; just showing you that the tire fits the rim. You're probably going to need 1/4" spacers. Hey, ya know, those 17s looked pretty good after all this brainfvcking, didn't they?
20170423_174100.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
It'll be fine. I've got 275/60-15 on a 7" rim. Yes, I know it's not a G body; just showing you that the tire fits the rim. You're probably going to need 1/4" spacers. Hey, ya know, those 17s looked pretty good after all this brainfvcking, didn't they?
View attachment 124133
Well actually no they don't .........I just can't buy that look sorry to say.....even after 5 months of looking at them............
With the cash I got from the sale I am good to buy the SSIIs and have the look I want.........
No.....the only way the Hurst Dazzlers look good is maybe in a 15 inch..........but I am going back to the old school look.

But thank you for your reply and pic............

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
The seller made an honest mistake and told me he did measure the outside rim or lip and it did show 8 inches........
he finally agreed they are 7 inch SSII's..............but now I have a 265/50/15 tire that I need to mount and will it go on the
7 inch and how do they look?

I appreciate any pics provided...........I am looking at the safety and the visual as far as side bulge too..........Thanks

You question it on an 8” rim? Then go on a dissertation about bad opinions and personal preference. And then consider it on a 7” rim? You can’t be serious.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Put 255/60/15 on your 7" wheel and be done with it...

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

azmusclecar

G-Body Guru
Feb 13, 2018
You question it on an 8” rim? Then go on a dissertation about bad opinions and personal preference. And then consider it on a 7” rim? You can’t be serious.
No that was someone else.......but I'll be sure to remind him of what an A**hat he is............if that will make you feel better........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor