Can we get along now? Summit has LS firing order cams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That SBC cam would be badass in a Motown block motor. Good and cheap LS heads roller cam with the cheap SBC bottom end. Would make an interesting combo for a cheap race motor.
That is what I would want to see some numbers on.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Now, you take an LS Engine, any one of them, put it next to a SBF
That’s like trying to put an extra large condom onto your little wiener :owned:

Why, why, why would you want to compare a big dollar block splitter that can’t make 500hp before pieces of the block are in the pan with a $300 1000hp capable ‘real’ motor.

…had to sieze the opportunity to make the cracks (sorry..not really haha)

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That cam won’t go into a Motown LS. That motor requires a custom cam ….last I checked Erson is the only company that has cores . That was the 3 years ago….maybe something has changed since then.
That SBC cam would be badass in a Motown block motor. Good and cheap LS heads roller cam with the cheap SBC bottom end. Would make an interesting combo for a cheap race motor.

That is what I would want to see some numbers on.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That’s like trying to put an extra large condom onto your little wiener :owned:
What are them things?
Why, why, why would you want to compare a big dollar block splitter that can’t make 500hp before pieces of the block are in the pan with a $300 1000hp capable ‘real’ motor.

…had to sieze the opportunity to make the cracks (sorry..not really haha)
Talking about the firing order haha the LS is very much based off the SBF. Just better.

GIF by Schitt's Creek

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Oh man, I have a friend that argues that an LS was copied from Ford. Damn, that’s laughable.

If GM ‘copied’ Ford for its firing order, then …. I’ll eat my hat. I’ll go out on a limb to guess that they might have done some testing to determine a better firing order than the previous SBC firing order they developed in the late 50’s. I don’t think they changed the entire SB platform by copying someone or everyone else.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oh man, I have a friend that argues that an LS was copied from Ford. Damn, that’s laughable.

If GM ‘copied’ Ford for its firing order, then …. I’ll eat my hat. I’ll go out on a limb to guess that they might have done some testing to determine a better firing order than the previous SBC firing order they developed in the late 50’s. I don’t think they changed the entire SB platform by copying someone or everyone else.
I've heard it a few times myself.

Now, I've also heard some SBF design elements were themselves first found in other makes as well.

If, IF, someone cared enough to do the hard research with exact dates they could probably sell it as a paid article to some of the car sites/newswhores. (Yes, sp intentional)

However, nothing LS-related is worth that bandwidth to me energywise. And, like the LS engines, I find the coyotes also sound like **** with just about every exhaust I've heard from outside a car/windows down.

Reactions: 1 users

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
That cam won’t go into a Motown LS. That motor requires a custom cam ….last I checked Erson is the only company that has cores . That was the 3 years ago….maybe something has changed since then.
That kills the excitement. I thought it was the larger diameter, 52mm???, LS style cam.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
LS lobe spacing, takes a SBC timing gear, and has to have an oil pump drive gear. It’s longer than both an LS and SBC cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor