Cannot get left turn signal to work... HELP !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Good afternoon gang...... I have a 1980 Malibu that I have worked and worked on trying to get the left turn signal to work. New socket, new bulb and still no left turn signal. I get the bright light solid when trying but will not flash for my life. Everything else as should be on my lightning. Thanks for any suggestions as to where to go from here.. I hope not the signal stem in the column.. LOL Thanks again forum members in advance.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
turn the bulb 180* in the socket if possible.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Basic check of grounds done? Then does turning on atleast the parking lights affect anything? Is there by chance a splice in the wires that might be grounding out the flasher fuse? Does it happen with the 4 ways on? Anything done to the column part of the circuit?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Basic check of grounds done? Then does turning on atleast the parking lights affect anything? Is there by chance a splice in the wires that might be grounding out the flasher fuse? Does it happen with the 4 ways on? Anything done to the column part of the circuit?

First I want to thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread. Its appreciated. Yes I checked all ground after replacing the entire left side outside tail light socket with new bulb. And it still did exactly the same thing with the original GM socket. It is a 3 wire socket and I did replace it the same way I took the old one out. I will try the 4 ways as I did not try that. When the parking lights are on no problems, same when driving light are pulled out. And of course I can manually make it flash by pulling the stem down by hand and returning it back. Working just like the signal then. I did not do anything yet to the Column as it will be my last resort. Flasher in fuse panel clicking and sounding strong as it should. I've been stumped here. This just started last week at a cruise in.

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Going now to the garage to try the 4 ways as your questioned. Thanks again my forum friend.

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Well I can't believe it but yes the 4 ways work perfectly. Now I did not expect that. I also forgot to mention that once I use the right turn signal which works as it should then go to the left signal I get one click before it sticks on as a solid light with of course no blinking.

WV CHEVY MANN

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2018
West Virginia
Might have to look into the column. I'll say that's where the problem might be.

Yes I guess that's what I was afraid of as I know nothing about getting in there but will take the plunge. Thanks for your replies as they were very much appreciated.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Remember to check what you can before pulling parts off. With luck you could find the problem with everything together then know what needs to come off.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor