Can't Decide 76 Toro with a 455

Status
Not open for further replies.

307 Gutless

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2017
Utah
My Coworker has a 1976 Toronado with a BBO 455 and a brand new transmission.

It runs fine, Red with white Vinyl top, Red velvet Interior. She Tried to sell it a few years ago for $500 and no one would even test drive it.

I told her I want it and I will Buy it.

I've been looking for a 455 for My Cutlass for a while and the cheapest Running example I've found was $1200, Carb to Pan complete. I thought that was a Steal but $500 for the Toro is a real steal. Sure i't the Mega emissions 210hp 1976 but it has tons of potential.

I'm definitely going to buy the Car, but am I a bad Guy if I strip the Big block from the 76 and put it in my 82 Cutlass Supreme Sedan?

I might just Throw my 307 into the Toro because I really don't care if the Toronado is fast or not.

Any opinions? Would you build the 455 for the Toro or put it into your G body and put a Cheap engine in the Toronado?

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
umm why are you on here ? You should be swapping motors already

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Alerch

Master Mechanic
Jul 15, 2013
Goose creek SC
Can't go wrong with the torque of a Big block Olds! If I was you the car would be sitting in my driveway already.... swap the 455 in the G body and have fun with it, even the smog years will still light the tires at will!!

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

307 Gutless

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2017
Utah
Alright. Yeah. I'm going to Do it.
I'll keep the Toronado as a Backup car for when My Cutlass Needs work. Just going to Slap my 307 in it with New Head gaskets and a tune up.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

kalidromos13

Master Mechanic
Oct 12, 2016
Palmdale, CA
As most everyone has suggested...go for it!!! And be sure to take photos of the swap for us yeah? ;) haha jk

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

307 Gutless

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2017
Utah
Can't go wrong with the torque of a Big block Olds! If I was you the car would be sitting in my driveway already.... swap the 455 in the G body and have fun with it, even the smog years will still light the tires at will!!
My cutlass is emissions Exempt because it was originally a diesel.
So no Cats no Smog anything will be left on it.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
The 76 Toronado with a 455 quite possibly has an 800 cfm quadrajet on it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

307 Gutless

Apprentice
Jan 12, 2017
Utah
The 76 Toronado with a 455 quite possibly has an 800 cfm quadrajet on it.
Really? Freaking awesome. I can't get the Car till tomorow. I hope so. I have a 600CFM Holley on my Cutlass. But man if it's got that 800CFM Carb All I'll need is a 3" Pypes Dual kit and it ought to scream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor