Caprice is Back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

85GPLef41

Royal Smart Person
Nov 14, 2008
Colorado
In a cop car version of course... But it's back!! I seen top gear the other night and seen the Holden Ute and that thing is BADASS. Sort of like a Newer El Camino on steroids. The new Caprice is supposed to be based on the G8 and Holden Ute platforms. Denver Police Department was testing them out so i wonder if they will get any.So if they get them and hopefully with the V8 i can't wait till they go to auction. The new Ford cop cars are just as cool... Though Im mostly a GM guy. I have a thing for cop cars even though i have been in the backseat once or twice. :rofl: So here is a link of the new Caprice.
What do you think?
http://jalopnik.com/5373645/exclusive-t ... ar-is-back

85GPLef41 said:
In a cop car version of course... But it's back!! I seen top gear the other night and seen the Holden Ute and that thing is BADASS. Sort of like a Newer El Camino on steroids. The new Caprice is supposed to be based on the G8 and Holden Ute platforms. Denver Police Department was testing them out so i wonder if they will get any.So if they get them and hopefully with the V8 i can't wait till they go to auction. The new Ford cop cars are just as cool... Though Im mostly a GM guy. I have a thing for cop cars even though i have been in the backseat once or twice. :rofl: So here is a link of the new Caprice.
What do you think?
http://jalopnik.com/5373645/exclusive-t ... ar-is-back
I'm thinking Caprice won't sell.... better to try Bel-Air

It's about time!

Walking away from the fleet market, and just handing it over to Ford was a huge mistake.
When they discontinued the Caprice after '96, Crown Vic sales TRIPLED! Ford has owned the market since.
And all because they wanted to convert the plant they were built at to build the "more profitable" Tahoe/Suburban... Idiots.

And the Holden Ute was actually finally supposed to be released here in the U.S. (as a Pontiac), but that project got the axe when GM started heading towards bankruptcy. And then Pontiac got the axe too...

I could/would never buy a new car, so I'll just keep on enjoying my '96 Caprice...
31736610012_medium.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor