Car Addicts Anonymous Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
I think I may need an intervention. In my lifetime I have owned around 20 G-Body's. In the last month I have had three plus my personal one in my possession. For the most part I buy Monte Carlo's and part them out to fund my addiction. Here it is if you aren't familiar with it.

B5CE4AAB-8869-43FE-84ED-7E2551C54386-2778-00000299C804442A_zps82cb086e.jpg

I have been working on this car since 2000, done a frame off with many modifications from stock. Recently I purchased an 85' to help a local guy start the restoration of his 86' LS Monte. Here it is...

4DD1EED3-5E1E-4C06-8AB7-73F385CB3BDA-3701-0000032156B4BF9C_zps988a4a6b.jpg

This car is no more. It has been totally disassembled and what was left cut up. I don't have a problem with that because the parts will go on to some some other G-Body's. Next I came across an 84' Grand National that is now in my good friend Tobyp's fleet (who also needs to be a member of CAA). Here it is...

image_zps3e8faa17.jpg

Now last Sunday I purchased another 86' Monte SS. I had full intension of parting this car out untill I went to buy it and found out how solid it actually is. Then I decided to pass it on to another car guy to bring back to life or keep it and fix it myself. Here it is...

1859F2CE-7690-4821-97F0-DCE35FFE5228-2381-000001A5F388EBEB_zps0c9b3a81.jpg

Two days after getting the white Monte, I was BSing with a good friend about it when he told me about this...

image_zps81482884.jpg

Now, I know this may shock some of you, but I am by no means a wealthy man. I have a single income of a Proud Union Carpenter, a wife that doesn't work, 3 kids under the age of 6 & a small house. The American dream. In the past 3 days I have gotten very little sleep, my complete attitude and thought process have changed completely. I have sold 2 guns and my big block (2 things I said I would never do for any reason). I have 2 more things to sell (white Monte & Brodix heads) and I will own a 85' Grand National. All of this has to be done by this Sunday or the opertunity may be gone.

So on to the question. Do I have a problem? Should I seek help? My wife (who is pissed) thinks so!!

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I'm still waiting for you to mention what the problem is.

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
hi
can i start a chapter north of the border ?

as far as the wife ..it's this or gambling , drinking , stripper bars , etc..thinking she would much more like it if your working on a project at home.

but who am I ?

Dave
aka problem with too many cars

CWPottenger

G-Body Guru
Oct 9, 2012
565bbchevy said:

X2... I buy many things myself.
My wife has days when not so happy, but so far in the end I have been able to break even or make money, so she deals with it.

As for things to take $$$ and time it is far better then drugs, gambling, bars, etc. on which the $$$ is lost for good.

Nov 4, 2012
I'm 16, and I filled my parents' garage, shed, attic, 1/2 driveway, 1/2 back porch and my bedroom and a space in my neighbors garage with my car, several tractors, lawnmowers, old bicycles, various small engines, tools, and random car parts. My parents are ready to evict me, lol.

plmberkevin

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 12, 2013
Never move out it will just be harder to buy cars and parts if you do lol
joesregalproject said:
I'm 16, and I filled my parents' garage, shed, attic, 1/2 driveway, 1/2 back porch and my bedroom and a space in my neighbors garage with my car, several tractors, lawnmowers, old bicycles, various small engines, tools, and random car parts. My parents are ready to evict me, lol.

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
565bbchevy said:

The problem is.. My wife's car desperately needs some attention. This is our family vehicle. My car only leaves the garage on nice days. I also own a 1949 Chevy Truck that has been in storage for over 10 years that I had full intension of bringing home to start working on this winter. My point is there are more important and needed things in my life other than another project. This has been on my mind all week and driving me absolutely crazy. All of that being said I have decided to pass on the GN. :cry:

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
I also know how you feel. Ive own 20+ gbody cars in my lifetime manly cutlass cars And currently own
86 Grand National
86 Wh1 Type
84 Cutlass supreme (stickshift)
81 Cutlass cruiser wagon
I to am a father of 2 girls 2yr old and 8 yr old. Single income me myself and I.
House same story as you. The wife until recently didnt say much now she says i think you have 1 to many. Lol. I say NEVER

galeaiii

Master Mechanic
Aug 13, 2010
Cincinnati, Ohio
85442/86buick said:
hi
can i start a chapter north of the border ?

as far as the wife ..it's this or gambling , drinking , stripper bars , etc..thinking she would much more like it if your working on a project at home.

but who am I ?

Dave
aka problem with too many cars

We may need to suggest an intervention thread. Lol. It may save some marriages.

85Supreme

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2009
joesregalproject said:

Same boat as you. Im 18 and I have three spots at my house occupied with my gbodys, one is in the back yard though. And i have filled the shed, the garage, and the trailer with parts.

We definitely have a sickness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor