Car can't make up it's mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Sometimes it's loud, other times it's quiet enough to hold a conversation, at idle anyway. It's weird. No exhaust leaks I'm aware of, exhaust is nothing but manifolds and downpipes (bout 3' long each) and an 8" Cherry bomb on the end of both of the pipes. It's weird. I'll start it up, and practically be able to sneak out at 3am. Other times, it sounds like, well like it only has downpipes for exhaust. It's really rather odd. I know my carb is kinda junk, could that be part of it, the A/F mixture? The airhorn is warped (qjet) and the car didn't care whether a vacuum cap was on a baseplate port or not, so the carb definitely has an internal vacuum leak. It will have good days, where the whole car just feels really loose and peppy, and other days it kinda feels like a turd.
What say you guys?

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Sounds like it needs a good carb and proper exhaust.

Is that the answer you were looking for?:D

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
71GV79NPpZL._UX425_.jpg

Or

s-l400.jpg

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Maybe there's a loose pipe... one jump jars it open, the other jump shakes it back into place?

Cut back your jumps, it'll keep a constant tone...

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
you are going to be sorry you asked.....:p

My next two suggestions were going to be:

1) stop stomping on the gas pedal and comparing it to idle

And

2) stop comparing the noise with the windows down to what it is rolled up

I'm in that sort of mood today :whistle:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
MrSoney, I hope you don't mind we had some fun with your post in this thread. I was hoping you'd have a good comeback, like you meant to post your post in the "Getting Old Sucks" thread....:whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor