car covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I might have to leave my Buick out side this winter. If it happens it will be the first time since I've owned it and that's from the early 90's. Any suggestions to a cover and if you have one witch one are you using?
IBBY

Maverick's_Monte

Greasemonkey
Sep 15, 2011
Rhode Island
Yup - agreed on the wax! Forget the cover. Prep the paint and seal it up with a good sealer wax, like Collinite. Let it get dirty then wash it. Covers can/will rub the paint, so you will end up with no dirt on the paint but most likely "rashes" or "rubs" in the paint, most likely on or around body lines. Obviously, those are much more expensive to fix.

jlat

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2013
hello people: I've heard about covers causing problem. Funny I don't remember the last time I waxed my car and the paint is not that great especially the hood. But I might wax my new bumper fillers. You know what I do is I get a micro fiber towel and use WD-40 on it. Of course if the car's dirty you have to wash it. I hope something comes up for winter storage.
IBBY

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
As Lilbowtie suggested, a shelter of some sort....like a makeshift carport or something of that nature. The trick is being able to secure it to the ground so it doesn't blow away from a good gust of wind or rain storm.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have had a portable garage for years that I typically keep my daily driver in but has housed my Lincoln for a winter and I put a tarp down and a car cover on it while it was inside and closed it up.
My Regal has also been in there multiple times over the past couple years while I work in the garage
I also have a Motor Trend all weather car cover recommended by TURNA that worked very well covering the Monte SS I bought earlier this year while it sat outside with no shelter which worked very well.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
hello people: I've heard about covers causing problem. Funny I don't remember the last time I waxed my car and the paint is not that great especially the hood. But I might wax my new bumper fillers. You know what I do is I get a micro fiber towel and use WD-40 on it. Of course if the car's dirty you have to wash it. I hope something comes up for winter storage.
IBBY
Perfect time to give it a good strip wash with dish soap, seal with some Maguire's #7 glaze, then wax'er up. Hurry up before it gets cold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor