Car insurance advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
For my daily drivers I've always used Nationwide.

My dad started with Nationwide when he was 16 and has had them ever since. I've had them since I was 16 as well through the same guy who's good to deal with.

I only have my '08 GMC insured right now but it only runs me around $60/mo for full coverage. I did some checking around myself since a co-worker mentioned how they were getting reamed by their Nationwide agent. But I couldn't find anything less than $75/mo through the other insurance companies.

Now if your looking into classic car type insurance I'd be interested in what you find out as well. I've been checking Hagerty, Grunder and few others for when I get my '87 back on the road. I've heard guys say they had really good rates for classic cars. I think for my '87, with an agreed upon value of $45k-$60k it would be around $1000-$1500/yr.

tc1959

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 23, 2009
Surprise AZ.
I use J.C. Taylor for my 78 El Camino It's $283 a year for $15,000 agreed upon amount. , It's a Modified auto policy,
They do ask that the car is kept in a garage, and limited to pleasure use only. J.C. Taylor Modified Auto Insurance Agency 320 South 69th Street Upper Darby PA. 19082 1-877-468-7637
I have used them for ten years now and have had no problems. 8)

mickey-d

Greasemonkey
Feb 10, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
For my family auto's, we use Allstate, have for several years. we have had a couple of claims and had no trouble with the company. The rates are as good as any other company, and cheaper than some others. As some of you know, I have a 41 Willy's Coupe that I take to some small shows, and also drag race. The ONLY PLACE the car is NOT COVERED is on the actual drag strip itself. It's covered in the pits, on my trailer, on any concourse, in my driveway, and in my garage. I set the value at $30,000 and intend to raise it a little next year. The policy costs me $270 per year. It is through Barrett Jackson, the auction people. The policy will pay up to 150% of value. You just need receipts for the amount over the set value, and they add for increased yearly value, sort of like a cost of living increase. Hope this info helps. ............mickey-d :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor