Car lifted higher in front now that I put all new suspension in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
So I replaced all my front suspension parts with stock control arms,end links ,tie rods,..etc...I also installed a 1998 GMC Jimmy red spindle and converted to dual piston brakes..but after all of this my car is sitting pretty high in the front now? I didn't change the springs, I added new shocks..just curious on why my car has some much space between the tire and the fender?

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
when you tightened your control arm bushings/bolts, did you do it with the weight on the wheels or with the car up in the air? That might account for some but not all. Did you make sure the springs went back in the right direction/rotation?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
when you tightened your control arm bushings/bolts, did you do it with the weight on the wheels or with the car up in the air? That might account for some but not all. Did you make sure the springs went back in the right direction/rotation?
I tightened in air at first..then someone told me loosen put tires on ground so I did..and tightened them on ground..still sitting pretty high..and yeah I pet the spring in correct I put a new thin insulator on top?

Hotboi_916

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 19, 2019
Screenshot_20190519-134016.jpg

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
damn that's a bunch,try loosening your control arm bushings/bolts and bouncing the car a few times and see if anything changes.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Yikes! You have a wrong part somewhere if you have the springs installed correctly IMO.

• Agree
  • Happy
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor