Car theft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamaroAdam73

Royal Smart Person
Mar 20, 2009
Hilton head island, SC / Wilmington, NC
I was reading the forum about car theft on here, and about how if they want to they WILL steal your car, and this is true, for the most part.

I don't have a car alarm, and i don't have GPS. But i do have a couple other measures that can almost ensure that no-one is going to jack my ride.

A. i've got a hidden fuel shot off, and that's not just because i'm afriad someone will steal my car. With this new motor, i don't want to go up in flames by accident.

B. There's a series of switch's and a button you have to locate, because they're hidden, and press in the right sequence to start her up.

And C. If they DO start it, i guarantee they won't find the fuel shut off, and when they only make it a few feet down the road, My mossberg 590 handles the rest.

Plus when i was living inner city i'd always switch two of my plug wires around, i know it's alittle much but i've got alittle much into my car. And talk about a car alarm, image a 10-1 425+ HP motor backfiring due to the firing order being wrong. Yeah thats going to wake someone up.

I figured i'd share what i've done, hopefully it helps!

I have no alarm or gps either, and have my own measures that I'd prefer to keep quiet... Hate to burst your bubble but geuss what, ever heard of a tow truck?
If they want it, they will get it. All you can do is hope you're there to stop it.

My measures are keep the cars covered for one thing. Simplest thing to do "out of sight out of mind". Next is my old man is pretty much up till sunrise all the time because of his years in the navy working on reactors. So he's a guard dog in most senses. Another thing is called the emergency brake locked so it's more of a pain to get on a tow truck without making some kind of noise.

When the malibu was running, I've got an electrical switch and I'd also disconnect two spark plug wires from the spark plugs. Also disconnected the battery too. Since I swapped the malibu to a floor shift, I could also pull the steering column shifter down and I guess there is an electrical kill switch in the column cause I could start it if that part of the collar was down.

As for the roadrunner, that puppy is gonna be like breaking into fort knox.

marcar1993 said:
I have no alarm or gps either, and have my own measures that I'd prefer to keep quiet... Hate to burst your bubble but geuss what, ever heard of a tow truck?
If they want it, they will get it. All you can do is hope you're there to stop it.

Marcar, is a pretty smart kid there .... wouldn't matter if you took all four tires off, filled the interior up to the windows with quikcrete, removed the engine/trans and welded the doors shut .... tow truck can move it.

The parking brake doesn't do sh*t that the car being in park doesn't already do if they're dragging it onto a flat-bed.

The purpose of the parking brake is to act as a back up if the car is parked on a hill and it either slips out of gear or the parking pawl fails.

Hell you could flatten and lock all four tires and the winch on my trailer would still pull it right on up.

In reality if you really don't want your car stolen......Don't get one, they can't steal what you don't have, :rofl: but not having one sucks so it's a risk we all take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor