Car wont go into park!

Status
Not open for further replies.

84regalltd

Apprentice
Jan 3, 2010
Marietta, Ga
My car is an 84 regal with a SBC/TH350. Problem I'm having is I can't get the trans to go into park via the shifter on the column. When I go below I can move the lever on side of trans into park. The lever on column goes into park, but only bumps trans to reverse. I've replaced the black grommet bushing up top and the large white bushing with spring below. There is slop from the top to where it connects to the lower bar. I've tried repositioning the barrel that connects the 2 bars but still no dice. Any ideas? I'm at my wits end on this.

shifter bushing in the steering column?

I have never seen a diagram/picture of it but it is literally right on the shifter itself. You have to take the steering wheel off and dig down into the column

I had a shifting problem...I went a diffrent way though...I used a Lokar shift linkage....easy to install works great

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor