Car Won't Start

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
For those that mentioned the oil pressure switch, don't waste your time going down that path. GM used the oil pressure switch as a redundant power source in case the relay went bad. You end up with a long crank but it powers the pump once it builds oil pressure. Supposed to keep you from getting stranded. The exact opposite theory of a race car oil pressure safety shut-off.

• Informative
Reactions: 1 users

kygaca

Apprentice
Jul 3, 2018
Annapolis, MD
Checked fuel pressure today, it was about 15 psi. I also opened the line AT the throttle body after hardwiring the pump for about 30 seconds and gas leaked out - so fuel seems to be getting to the throttle body. Again, there is spark because starting fluid starts it.
The fuel pump just won't run until after I crank it. I checked the wiring diagram and there is something called a fuel pump primer, and I found it. It seems to be a female connection and I can't find where it plugs in - but it is a single wire coming out of the relay. Does anyone know about this?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
is 15 psi enough to start the engine? The prime should be hot at all times...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor