carb confusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
okay i have a problem with my carb but it is kinda hard to explain. I got rid of the original carb set up b/c lets just say it, the system with the computer was more than a little annoying and never reliable. anyway i have one on now from an olds (maybe 307). well when i got it i converted it to electric choke by taking parts offmy old one. it worked i think but the two smaller barrles (primaries?) would never open right with the set up. anyway i need to get the electric choke working again b/c it sucks starting it in the winter with no choke. Does the choke need constant power or how does that work? I figured it needed power to heat the metal and eventually open it but will it hurt it to always have power on it? also the harder problem is this. stick with me i was never taught anything about carbs so i'm kminda clueless. I need the small (plastic) piece that holds your 4 barles closed untill the proper rpm is reached. what is that thing called and does anyone have one? autozone wanted 18 bucks for it. that seemed outrageous to me. hope i was clear with my problems all help would be appreciated!

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
your original carb should have the parts your looking for.....the only difference was the computer carb had the feedback connection....the rest of the carb with regards to the choke and 4 barrel lock out is the same as a non feedback carb...

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
ya one would think so but for some reason the linkage on the other side (not the throttle linkage side) is wierd. Also the choke line was cut and the computer removed. eithier way it just takes awhile for it to start up. lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor