Carb for LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cams85GP

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 30, 2021
Ontario Canada
Just curious which carbs the Carbed LS guys are using.

As far as brands go, I know they all have pros and cons, and I essentially have no experience other then the old Rochesters.

I’ve been told going up to a 750 vacuum secondary for a mild build LS would be a good choice, I’m just having a hard time picking a brand/CFM, since they all have similar price points.

I’m considering the summit brand carb,as it has a lot of positive reviews(on their site ofcourse) just wondering if anyone has experience with those.
Car will be mostly street driven.
Thanks

Dayzedandkonfuzed

G-Body Guru
Feb 9, 2010
Anglemont, BC
I've never run an LS, but the quickfuel carbs have a good price point and I've had lots of good feedback from customers on them. I especially like their progressive link kit on some of their carbs. Can be set up for double pumper, 60/40 and 70/30 progressive, in a few minutes on the car.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have ran many carburetors over the years but I prefer Holley's Ultra carbs for their tuneabilty, all aluminum construction and Billet metering blocks, I currently have a 1250 Dominator my 565 BBC and a 670 VS on my 355 SBC.
Here is the Holley Ultra on my Regal.
20220731_190308.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
If this engine setup is to be more street than strip, stick with a vacuum secondary carburator...... leave the double pumpers for the 5speed stick and drag strip.

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You don't need to have a stick car or drag car to run a double pumper on the street just the right recombination of parts

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
I've never owned a DP carb to say for sure.... its just the consenses i've gathered from many people in various YT videos and hotrod forums from around the web, thats what is prefered more for the strip than street.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Some of us need all fuel we can get as fast as we can get it. ;)

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor