Carb help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlatsFish88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 31, 2018
I have a LQ4 in my 87 cutlass and I have been struggling with it since I installed it. It is a bone stock engine with a TH350. I have at Holley 650 ultra on it and I can not get this thing to run right from a stop or sudden WOT. If I slowly roll into the gas it runs great. Any setting on the 6014 box it still stumbles when I get on it. I had a friend help me lock the timing at 32* and same thing. I have tried going up in size with the Squirters with no luck. I checked the engine vacuum and it is 20” in gear so I installed a 9.5 power valve with no luck. The four corner idle mixtures screws can only be turned out about a half turn before it runs too rich. Has anyone had problems like these before? I’m very tempted to buy a new Holley 750 but I am not sure if that is what will fix it. This is a learning process for me as I don’t have much experience with mechanics but can do basic things. If anyone has and ideas or suggesting I would really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor