Carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rod2010

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2021
I’m new to the old school game I have a 84 Buick Regal base model unmolested my carb is shot are there any suggestions on a good carb to replace it with

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
If everything is original I would send yours out to get rebuilt.
I think a lot of people on here use this place.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

85442/86buick

G-Body Guru
Feb 12, 2013
Perth Country , Ontario
Maybe start with a tune up ?
What's your history with this car ?

Reactions: 1 users

Rod2010

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 28, 2021
If it's grandma fresh with CCC, a $10 O2 sensor (heated conversion for bonus points) would probably work wonders.
I just purchased it from 2nd owner the person I bought it from only replaced headliner from the original owner was a grandma lol so I really don’t know the history I think I’m just gone to parts store and replace it since I have no desire to add more horse power until engine shoot craps

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
You're shooting craps just slapping a carb on it. Could be a bunch of little, simple things that could have it running tip-top. Once you pull the carb, you're head first in a rabbit hole.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor