Carlisle 2021 GM Nationals

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I thought you were joking... apparently its a real thing!?!?

Told You So Comedy GIF by NETFLIX

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
That's been 25% of the vendors for at least 10 years.
So I stop going to swap meets for a while, and y'all let everything go to pot.

Millennials just keep wrecking all the good stuff... someone needs to take em behind a wood shed

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
Have to wonder - would there be ANY market for original metal - 75-79 X and 78-86 A/G cars, at these Carlisle / Hershey meets? Or just a bunch of looky - loos? A major commitment of time and money to go that distance up there - 2000 miles aprox. Maybe Pate (TX), Charlotte (NC) auto fair, or Iola (IA) would be better bets??

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Have to wonder - would there be ANY market for original metal - 75-79 X and 78-86 A/G cars, at these Carlisle / Hershey meets? Or just a bunch of looky - loos? A major commitment of time and money to go that distance up there - 2000 miles aprox. Maybe Pate (TX), Charlotte (NC) auto fair, or Iola (IA) would be better bets??
I think your pricing matters as much as what you bring. Iowa probably needs the metal the most, but I wager are cheap as heck based on comments from the locals there.

Texas has lots of rust free stuff. So do the states around NC.

Reactions: 1 user

newmexguy

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2021
Las Cruces NM 88005
I think your pricing matters as much as what you bring. Iowa probably needs the metal the most, but I wager are cheap as heck based on comments from the locals there.

Texas has lots of rust free stuff. So do the states around NC.
Yep all good points. Post ‘74 metal simply doesn’t have the appeal or value of earlier original stuff. Unfortunate but likely the truth. Probably will try Pate in a year or two, a lot less expense and risk.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yep all good points. Post ‘74 metal simply doesn’t have the appeal or value of earlier original stuff. Unfortunate but likely the truth. Probably will try Pate in a year or two, a lot less expense and risk.
If you were going to come east, depending on the price I would be a serious buyer for some c/k series sheetmetal, maybe multiple sets of some... again, depending on price and it being true gm original panels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor