Carlisle GM Nationals

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Is the Carlisle GM Nationals worth the 10 hr drive? Have only been there for the MOPAR one and heard it was not as good from one of the vendors that was there pre-Covid.
Would be having to head out late Thursday and get there Friday. Have not booked anything yet.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
I personally wouldn't make a 10hr drive for it, it always seems to rain for the GM Nats which then really ruins the draw that it gets

Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I've been lately...

Here's the deal - if the drive is worth it to you to see some nice cars, and possibly buy some random stuff that covers a wide range of models, or, some garage/tool stuff? OK, go.

If your goal is, say, I want to ONLY find some (inset specific gbody part - say, cutlass interior) you will probably walk out with nothing and be disappointed.

When the state of PA made a cash grab requiring it be businesses with tax ID numbers registered, it hurt the quality and quantity of the swap stuff.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users

Ugly1

Royal Smart Person
Oct 26, 2021
Lost in the woods of NH
Thanks guys. I’d be going for the whole experience. Last year was at Syracuse that was fun. Talking with lots of people and trying to hookup with others from on here. Maybe next year when I plan a little more time instead of a mad dash so it’s more fun and less stressful to get there and back.

Reactions: 1 user

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Thanks guys. I’d be going for the whole experience. Last year was at Syracuse that was fun. Talking with lots of people and trying to hookup with others from on here. Maybe next year when I plan a little more time instead of a mad dash so it’s more fun and less stressful to get there and back.
I will say this, the fruit smoothkes at the shack with the refills discount option are good.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I usually hit the spring/fall, and camp all weekend during Chrysler (I have MOPAR Friends), I hit GM before COVID and my last overseas tour, and it rained out. I live 30 minutes from there so I may stop in this year.

With that, if anyone of the forum is going, shoot me a PM and maybe we could link up and BS.

Obviously my wagon won't be there since I haven't built the new engine yet :(

Reactions: 2 users

nycutlass

G-Body Guru
Jul 29, 2008
NY
i was just at the April swap meet show 5 hr drive for me it was around 3/4 full but the prices are insanely high on EVERYTHING, you get better deal on fb or eBay.

• Sad

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Time for a bump and a refresh on this topic.

Weather I see says it's going to rain, but, not real sure when or for how long.

Question 1) anyone still planning on going?

Question 2) anyone more local have better Intel on weather and/or if they see vendors coming to town?

YOLO, and, I've got morning blood draw followed by an oncologist in the afternoon. But, after that..... it's only about 10-12 hours ride up there. I've done worse...

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor