Carlisle GM Nats is now Carlisle CHEVROLET Nats

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
Yeah, so that happened. http://www.carlisleevents.com/carli...rlisle-gm-nationals-detail.aspx?detailid=1509

2017 brings two big changes to the Carlisle Events schedule. First, we are following the lead of one of the biggest automakers in world, Chevrolet, as we proudly announce the all-new Carlisle Chevrolet Nationals. This is meant to reflect the ever-growing number of enthusiasts who buy and enjoy Chevrolet products. Of course the weekend isn’t limited to bow-tie branded cars and trucks either. The Chevrolet Nationals also encourage the inclusion of any and all makes and models produced by General Motors. Throughout our history, Carlisle Events has enjoyed very strong support from Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac and Cadillac fans, so we certainly want to remain a prime location for your club meets, your show cars and…you! This new approach will produce a bigger and better showfield and vendor base for all of our participants to enjoy, regardless of which type of GM they love the most.

With a new event comes a new date as well. The Chevrolet Nationals will be held June 23-25 of 2017, meaning it falls back to a date that you’re very familiar with, the old GM Nationals date. This is meant to avoid our overlap with Father's day as well as help alleviate some conflicts with other events in the area. We hope that you can check out the show and enjoy this fresh new event with tons of new features! Tell a friend and register today!

Be sure to visit our vendor page, club page and our showfield registration page in the near future for special incentives being offered for the all new Chevrolet Nationals. This will be a must-attend show for everyone next June!

Opinions? I dunno, if they can get the General to throw its weight behind it like Chrysler and Ford do with their respective meets, then its probably for the better. The predictable bitching by everyone and every group NOT Chevrolet has already started, so we'll see how this soap opera plays out.

hajnovak

Greasemonkey
Jul 12, 2012
scranton Pa
I can honestly say I'm not thrilled. I'm not going to write it off yet but I'm definitely thinking about it. Haj

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Just a name, I guess since the press release indicates all GM products are welcome.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Well, since the wagon is in paint, and will be road worthy by then, I am looking at getting a spot or two and taking it.

Let me see how the next few weeks play out.

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Yeah, I thought it wierd. Last year was a wash so we'll see how this year is.

UMI Performance

Master Mechanic
GBodyForum Sponsor
Jul 9, 2011
Philipsburg, Pa
They had to do it to get Chevrolet to sponsor and participate in the event. I know it makes no sense to most of us but calling it GM didn't allow Chevrolet to sponsor. Again I am just saying what I am told.

Anyways the event will be the same and ALL GM cars are welcomed. We will be there with a booth and running the autocross rides and shootout once again.

Don't let the name change hold you back, it's a fun event!

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
Anyways the event will be the same and ALL GM cars are welcomed. We will be there with a booth and running the autocross rides and shootout once again.

Well at least I can still get my "Holy Crap that's Fast" fix in. GM owns Chevy, but they can't sponsor unless it's named after them. Hmmmmm, sounds hinkey.

As long as I can still find the 2 Olds vendors that regularly go I'm ok with it I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor