Carpet and headliner

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
So I been looking at carpet. I was wondering if 4dr sedan will work and if I need a little extra?
As for the headliner. My board sags a bit. Anyone ever 'glass the back to get the bow back out of it?
And what about the clips for the side rails. Are they the same as 2dr clips?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Go for the ACC carpet with mass backing. Good product. The 4-dr and wagon carpet is the same...so is the 2-dr for that matter.

I assume you mean the headliner board is sagged or misshapen. You can definitely use fiberglass matting or cloth to reinforce, or bolster up the board. They do tend to crack and are usually brittle...so handle with care.

As for the clips, they're specific to the wagon and are difficult to find. i'll try to dig up the part #'s for them. You'll have to do a search for them.

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
As longroof said....the mass backed ACC carpet is probably the best carpet for our cars in regards to quality and fitment.

Note...get it from rockauto. They have the best price hands down compared to all the other sources out there. I paid $155ish plus shipping which was around $175 or so. Everybody else seems to price it around $220 and up. HTH

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
I just recently purchased the ACC from RockAuto, haven't I stalled it yet. The carpet fits all models when new, as you have to cut your holes for seat belts and the like.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I just recently purchased the ACC from RockAuto, haven't I stalled it yet. The carpet fits all models when new, as you have to cut your holes for seat belts and the like.
Haven't installed mine either....but i did get nosey and take it out of the box without unrolling it. Was very happy with how it looked, as well as the weight with the mass backing. I'm not worried about weight reduction on my resto, and intend to put a layer of boom mat down under the carpet for added sound deadening.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Same here Scott.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I first looked at RockAuto for my carpet and if I recall, I couldn't get the color I wanted. However, I did notice they had the best price. Where I bought my carpet, I was able to buy extra yardage to do the rear cargo area. In fact I cut out all the sections, but need someone to sew the binding around them. Fortunately, I pulled the old (cargo area) carpet out of a junkyard Regal wagon so I could have a pattern.

Word of advice, get yourself a good pair of shears. I bought a pair of Wiss shears from Amazon. I wouldn't have been able to do some of the cuts, and be able to cut out the carpet for the cargo area.
One of our members had recommended that to me...I took his advice...oh, and a hook knife comes in handy when cutting out the bolt holes for the seat tracks, and belts. I think I used a utility knife instead.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 2 users

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
Thanks for the info. Carpet may come from rockauto. I haven't remove my headliner trim yet. I hope not to break any clips. There are 3 of the curved ones on ebay and I may have found the ones over the q windows. we'll see how this plays out.

SSpev

Greasemonkey
Jan 9, 2017
So the headline is out. Obviously someone has tried to do this before. Someone cut in 2 pieces. Screwed the back and side window trim on. I think I'll leave it this way just because it is there. I do need one clip above the passenger door and couple at the windshield. Now I have to get it cleaned up. I'm waiting on headliner samples from here. http://www.stockinteriors.com/
While it's all apart I have to paint / die the trim. Any suggestions? I could use some good B pillar trim too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor