Cars Are Going On The Back Burner Another UPDATE 9/13/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Some of you folks have been following my build threads for a couple of years now. Lately progress has been pretty slow. Now its going to be even slower.

Ive been on disability since 2008 due to a bunch of cervical disc herniations. Since it happened Ive still been getting things done although its taken me what seems like an eternity
Back in 2015 I had a meniscus tear in my right knee. Started at the end of the Summer and I had it repaired that Fall. I felt pretty good after the surgery but for the past year Ive been having some pain in that knee again. I honestly thought it was arthritis since the MRI showed some in there.
Long story short, about two weeks ago I was trying to stand up from kneeling on the right knee and when I got up my left knee felt funny. After a few days it was pretty sore. Went to my primary, got two new MRIs done of my knees and the findings werent good.
The meniscus that was fixed in the right knee is torn again. The medial meniscus in the left knee is also torn. In less than 8 days the left knee has gotten so bad I cant walk without crutches. This isnt good because my upper body is taking a beating from trying to keep the weight off of both my knees. Even the simplest thing like getting up off the toilet is putting strain on my arms, shoulders and my neck. Its crazy how one thing effects another.
I have an appointment at an orthopedic surgeon this AM. Im not looking forward to having any surgery but I think the tear is way beyond a shot of cortisone. I have to say this really sucks. I was pretty close to driving the coupe. I just hope the surgeon can get me in quickly. I havent been out of the house since last Friday. Getting up and down the steps is tough. Not a good way to start my favorite time of the year.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users

H33ZY

Greasemonkey
Mar 6, 2019
Oh man, i hope they can fix you up again!

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Did it all start like this?
Because, if so, you need less extreme hobbies.

Feel better, and stick to pillow fighting with centerfolds. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I feel for you. My knees are both shot. I was a mailman for 36 years and I am damaged because of that. A couple years ago I tore my meniscus just stretching in bed and that pain was the worst I have ever endured. Sidelined me for months.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
Did it all start like this?
Because, if so, you need less extreme hobbies.

Feel better, and stick to pillow fighting with centerfolds. ;)

That honestly made me chuckle. LOL
Yeah, it sucks when something breaks just from getting old and hammered. Once I hit 50 things started to happen. Gall bladder, appendix, cancer, the knee. One after another starting back in '03.
Funny, never smoked, pretty much stopped drinking back in '86, never touched any drugs. I dont even like taking Tylenol and Im falling apart. WTH ? LOL

Reactions: 1 user

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

vanrah

G-Body Guru
Apr 16, 2013
Near Afton, Wisconsin
Greetings Mr. mikester & all; I'm not a doctor but it sounds like a case of LMA (Late Middle Age)? Us men sure wear out bodies out fast. On the way up to 50 usually not so noticeable. But hit it 50 give or take a few years & it's better slow down. And when ya get to 70 ya know for sure it's a case of LMA. Best wishes, rest & eat well, Ole' Bob.

• Agree

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Hope you’re back in the game quickly, suck getting old...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor