Casette tape holder removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kylec345

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 16, 2019
Any thing i can do to remove the cassette holder in my console to convert it into a place for storage?

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Any thing i can do to remove the cassette holder in my console to convert it into a place for storage?

Common man, cassettes are the ultimate for high fidelity and for the G body that was a rare option. :oops: Don't wreck it when you take it out! I don't blame you. I too would rather have the storage space.

About high fidelity and cassettes......Back in the 80's I spent a lot of money on high end stereo equipment. Anyone remember the Nakamichi Dragon cassette deck for home audio? It was the Binford, end all solution at the time. Even now they bring big money on the used market.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=132387195359

1560725569937.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I was simply amazed at how they got all that music on that little bitty thin piece of tape when cassette decks for cars came out. I was used to dealing with 8-tracks. I fondly remember the ate up 8-track "ribbon parades" waving at me from random ditches along the side of the road as I drove by....contributed to that myself from time to time....

You older guys know what I'm talking about... :)

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor