Status
Not open for further replies.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
howdy

Steve-o here with a general question regarding my quadrajet carb
It's a generic rebuilt from flea bay unit that works well
It replaced a Holley carb that had been swapped on the car. The swap was not done correctly though as the original distributor ect was retained. So it never ran correctly

Once I was given the el camino I determined this and located a correct for the car carb and swapped it back to the quadra jet

My Delian is this carb swap took place with zero parts available from the previous quadra jet. So I had to piece together the fuel inlet fittings ect

So I know it's not 100 percent correct because I get drain back after the car sits for a while

Can some one direct me to the parts I need. Let start from the outlet side of the fuel pump all the way to the carb. Including the sintered bronze filter ect. I have nothing at this point

Please direct me to what I need and who sells it. So I can make one internet purchase and have it shipped and be done with that project

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
your issue is more likely incorrect tune. what evidence do you have that suggest fuel is draining out of the carb? there are a lot of things that could cause a delayed start but it would be better to hear more detail of your issue

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
your float bowl is going to retain more then enough fuel to keep the engine running long enough for the fuel pump to send fuel up. the only "valve" I can think of would be float needle. and if it runs awesome as you say, then it's probably present.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
It starts with the touch of the key. Timing might be about 2-4 degrees retarded at this point but it runs like a new car

Except for the gas drainback issue

I guess I could install a filter between the pump and the carb with a drain back valve. But I'd rather get the pile of correct parts for the carb

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
I'll check that. You have a valid point. I'm wondering if the bowl on the carb is draining internally
Is that possible

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
yes, it is a possibility. but that usually causes a delayed start and flooding. still could use detail as to how you know there is an issue? you say it starts with touch of the key and runs awesome like a new car... sounds like no problem here lol

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
Once this car sits for 3-5 days it will not crank up until fuel is pumped back into the carb

It will retain the fuel for a while. While fuel is there in the carb it will crank up with a touch of the key

It is not a tuning issue.

I have zero fuel in the carb after several days of it sitting. Again. Once the car is given the chance to pump fuel to the carb it cranks up

a.graham52

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2017
yes, and they are on the very bottom. you will have to remove the carb body from the throttle plate to see them I belive. I'm 90% sure they are idle circuit passage related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor