EL CAMINO Ccc removal. Question about hei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
So I decided to remove the ccc system
I have the new carb and an hei
Before I start tearing into the wiring can some one direct me to the wires I need to splice into this hei system to get the car running

Maybe let me know the color of the wire

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
ccc is stand alone. No splicing required. You only lose the OD function which can be replaced by a simple switch to lock up the trans

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
So I decided to remove the ccc system
I have the new carb and an hei
Before I start tearing into the wiring can some one direct me to the wires I need to splice into this hei system to get the car running

Maybe let me know the color of the wire
Never mind the wires, just unplug the ECM. Heck, you may be able to even pull the fuse for it too.

And as Axis pointed out, you will need to figure out the lock up, as I've never done it myself.

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
it's a simple 12v switch. I get a lot of looks from passengers in my car as it was originally a 3 speed 350c I converted to 200-4r. When I pull out to pass someone on say a 2 lane highway I flick the TC lockup switch off. Then drop the shifter from OD to D as the 4 barrels are opening ( cable likes to drop it 2nd sometimes so I do it manually instead ). Then I pop it back into OD and flick the lockup back on. I always get asked WTF was that ??

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
I’ll need to research that wiring diagram for the tc lockup

and also. On a standard hei. Is there a color wire from the factory harness that works? Or am I overthinking this

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
LOL good. You pull the old distributor out and set it on a shelf ( somewhere to never be used again ) and jam you new HEI disturbutor in there noting the position of the rotor. Pull your CCC carb and throw a good automatic quad on there. Takes 30 mins if you need to learn it from the youtubes. It is all plug and play. Then you figure out your lockup which is another hour if you want it wired nice or 5 mins if you roadkill it just to see if it works.

From there get yourself a wideband AFR and hopefully you can use your existing O2 sensor. That will help you tune your new carb. Get a good quality Wix air filter and starting tuning yourself in like it was 1970 all over again

Gremlinsteve

Master Mechanic
Mar 6, 2018
Yep
I bought a cheap eBay carb which seems to be ok so far
The hei barley fit but it’s working
I need to research the lockup system now

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor