Center Console Ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrockatansky

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2016
Toronto
So I am looking at acquiring the last parts for my build and the thing that has me stuck the most is the console for between the two bucket seats. I have looked at many options and just can't seem to make up my mind. Hope that appealing to some of you good folks for some ideas may help me out in the indecision department.

So far I have looked at refurbishing a few G body centre consoles and because my car is column shifting, ordering the cupholder plate where the floor shift would be. Came to the realization that I don't want to refurbish an old beat up thing (most I saw were in pretty rough shape here in the great white north) and then spend another $75 just on the drink holder plate. The alternative $500 new console from G body parts seems a bit, well.. expensive. Would much rather spend 5 crisp hundred dollar bills on other things for the car.

Realistically I really just want something that looks nice that doubles as some light storage with some cupholders. My car is going to be a cruiser/street fighter so I figure comfort and a cold beverage with the windows down in lieu of my distinct lack of air conditioning would be the ticket.

I found this console and it seems to be the best value and fit for the car without compromising the interior aesthetic. Seems to be well reviewed and is priced at a fantastic $150 approx. Made for the 62-81 Camaros and their transmission humps so I am assuming its a correct fit for the G body.

Anyone here purchase or install one?

Any ideas, inspiration and feedback would, as always, be appreciated. The genius is in the details they say and this is the last piece I need to complete the new interior.

Cheers,

M

Last edited:

bubbameano

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2015
Florida
I have one in my 84 Camino ! It's Great

console002.jpg

console006.jpg

bubbameano

Greasemonkey
Feb 14, 2015
Florida
For right know it's just sitting there & it doesn't move. Might do velcro or screws ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor