Center console screw size - attach to rear mounting plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoutsout

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2021
Hi everyone. I removed my center console (and seats, dash, carpet, steering wheel, etc) last year to do a complete interior overhaul. I have everything back together, but for the life of me, I can't find the bolts that hold down the center (gear selector) console in the rear. There are two openings that align with a plate on the transmission tunnel. Does anyone know off hand what size bolts these are or where I could find that info? I've looked throughout the forum and found lots of good info on the removal/replacement, but I just can't figure out what size the bolts are to hold the rear part down.

Thanks in advance! Should have the car (79 Cutlass Supreme) done in the next week or two (waiting some parts from Mike's) and will be sure to share pics. It's looking real good.

ELCAM

Royal Smart Person
Jun 19, 2021
Is it this console? The catalog does show another design shared with the X body.

78-81 A or B Floor Console..png

Something like that.
4.2X1.41 Screw.jpg

OR

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
You'll be searching for 10001234 or 11589015 (7mm hex head with 12mm washer) or equivalent.

This guy has a few on hand... o_O Box is labled p/n 11589015 and was sent to General Motors in Highland Park, Michigan...QTY- 4000. Apparently used for production of something. Plant dock DH leads me to believe these ended up at the Detroit/Hamtramck plant. Just a guess.

s-l1600.jpg

1673493989954.png

This is likely more of everyone's speed. If you just need a few with some spares. Much more reasonable. And there's others, too. Some have larger washers some not, so just depends on how big you need it to be.

Reactions: 2 users

scoutsout

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2021

scoutsout

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2021
You'll be searching for 10001234 or 11589015 (7mm hex head with 12mm washer) or equivalent.

This guy has a few on hand... o_O Box is labled p/n 11589015 and was sent to General Motors in Highland Park, Michigan...QTY- 4000. Apparently used for production of something. Plant dock DH leads me to believe these ended up at the Detroit/Hamtramck plant. Just a guess.

s-l1600.jpg

View attachment 214206

This is likely more of everyone's speed. If you just need a few with some spares. Much more reasonable. And there's others, too. Some have larger washers some not, so just depends on how big you need it to be.

Thanks man! That’s exactly what I need. I appreciate the thorough and quick response, this was driving me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor