Centerline rims....fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Seen some centerline rims with brand new tires for $500. 15x7 in the front. 15x10 with 3.5 back spacing. Will the rear tires rub the frame?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Seen some centerline rims with brand new tires for $500. 15x7 in the front. 15x10 with 3.5 back spacing. Will the rear tires rub the frame?
No but they will instead stick out of your wheel well.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Ok, thanks. He couldn't tell me for sure if they would rub. Thanks for letting me know. Seems like a good deal
It would probably end up looking something like this. Not a good look IMO.
1566726326311.png

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Why not get it running right, first?
My rear tire has a consistant leak, I've had it re-sealed but still leaks after a few days. Pretty sure it's the rim. I put the trans cooler in yesterday. After examining the motor mount job Ive decided its not worth the frustration. So i have the mechanic doing the Motor mount Friday. Then it's good to go.

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
It would probably end up looking something like this. Not a good look IMO.
View attachment 121822
That brings back memories. Back in the early 90s. Everyone had airshocks and tires sticking out. We thought it looked cool. We also had a special way of rolling our Guess jeans. I am glad we grew out of those fads quick!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
That brings back memories. Back in the early 90s. Everyone had airshocks and tires sticking out. We thought it looked cool. We also had a special way of rolling our Guess jeans. I am glad we grew out of those fads quick!
90s? Maybe out there. That sh*t was done here in the early 80s. We were mini-truckin' in the 90s!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
My rear tire has a consistant leak, I've had it re-sealed but still leaks after a few days. Pretty sure it's the rim. I put the trans cooler in yesterday. After examining the motor mount job Ive decided its not worth the frustration. So i have the mechanic doing the Motor mount Friday. Then it's good to go.

If your just DDing it, and not wanting to deal with the slow leak in the upcoming cold season mornings, why not put a $5 inner tube in it and wait for a better deal on some wheels that fit properly?

Spend the money on the mechanical side before buying cosmetics

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor