chalk this up to being young and dumb lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
i remember the very first day i bought my first regal i was 17 and basically knew the key started it and that was it. after getting insurance on it, i went to pick up a few friends and head out cruizing. while out and about we stopped at a 7-11 and i noticed there was coolant leaking from the back of the car so when i looked underneath i seen a hole that was leaking and panicked. flew back to my buddies and all i could find was a old valve stem rod and a bike tube. so frantically might i add, i cut up the tube, wrapped it around the ball end of the valve stem and with all my strength i stuffed it into the hole...thank god i fixxed it, leak stopped :rofl: down the road i came to realize what i plugged was just the drain hole in the trunk where the spare tire sits and it was just a leaking jug of antifreeze that spilled in the trunk. :blam:

Brandon

Apprentice
Oct 7, 2008
Whitby, Ontario, Canada
:rofl: that's priceless

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
And i thought I had heard of all the fixes :lol:

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
hey gotta stop them rear radiator hoses from leaking didnt want the rear radiator to go empty then your screwed :lol:

I had something just about the same happen to me when i was young and dumb, when i was 17 i had an 87 442 that was rusted up, dented up, beat up, leaking and burning oil like crazy, noticed oil dripping down the back of the car thought it was leaking oil so bad it was soaking the back of the car or something lol, turns out it was a bottle of oil i had jammed between the fender and the trunk floor that got cut on the trunk floor and was leaking down and out the bottom of my rusty rotted out fender
i always knew when it needed more oil it seemed like the exhaust tone would get deeper when it was low, kinda strange... huh? maybe that was just being young and dumb too but it always seemed to be right when it needed oil

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
lol fender oils important no matter what anyone tells ya!! if i didnt learn to oil up a fender and air up my headlights, i dont know where id be today...probaly stuck in the dark somewhere with bone dry fenders im guessing... :wax: :rofl:

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
that's a new one! but look at it this way, you used creative thinking to "fix" the problem. :mrgreen:

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
i would've done anything to fix it that day. truth be told i put over 500 kms on the car that first night ripping around until 5 in the morning cuz i was so happy i had it lol

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
come to think of it, i remember jumping out periodically and checking it thinkin...ya its still good...we're good lets roll! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor