chalk this up to being young and dumb lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
lol no doubt, when i think of what the insurance company wrote it off for i cry inside. it got hit on the drivers side and there was a dinner plate size dent in the fender and door and being young and not knowing sh*t about sh*t, i let them write it off when nowadays i would have fought them to keep it and just replace the parts myself. that one was biege/blue/biege with mint cream interior and the factory moon roof. gotta say it still kicked everyone elses cars *ss at school lol

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
ouch, would be nice to still have it i bet, dented or not lol. gotta love insurance companies, i got hard up for cash and space a few years back and let mine go for $500 as a roller, (didnt even think of putting it for sale on here) i pulled the trashed engine and trany out and sold that for $200, would have made a great parts car for my 442 now, they were identical just mine now has power windows and locks the old one didnt
what did the insurance company give you for it?

cutlassguy

Master Mechanic
Dec 15, 2011
aw man...you wanna get my all watery eyes an sh*t eh...keep in mind (i never knew sh*t about sh*t...tennager...)i had the choice of 100,200, or 500 deductable and 500 was the cheapest, being a student that only worked weekends in the shop doing oil changes an stuff i picked 500, got offered 1050 and made a "deal" with them to let the deductable slide and id take 550...thinking back that car was MINT aside from that dent and a rear wheel brake cylinder (which i may as well add the story into the gbody stories forum lol) moon-roof never leaked, it only had a 267 but it ran rediculously good and i even had mechanics say its nuts how well that motor runs...uhhgg i may have to dig out the picture and sit in the corner rocking back an forth now...lol thanx dude, any more questions? :blam: jj

Phoenyx

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Great story. Actually made me lol.

Blake B

Greasemonkey
Aug 25, 2011
KS
truely a priceless story.. you have to love a G

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor