Chalky Interior plastics - vinyl wrap pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
shoedoos, Any updates on the rest of the parts?

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Wow! Those came out quite nicely. I'd like to see how the rest of the interior plastics come out. Good idea.

Last edited:

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
getting there guys, I began blasting the rest of the panels and the gun started clumping up.......any hints on getting a steady stream of media from a sandblaster would be appreciated.....and yes, I've done a google. It seems to be intermittent - works fine for a few strokes then clumps up.....

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Could it be building up moisture in the line? Every time I've tried sand blasting, I would have a similar problem. But that's using a siphon feed piece of crap, not a pressure blaster.
What type of media are you using?

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
I'm using the siphon feed as well.....tried making a venturi pickup tube......worked for a while then went back to blowing fresh air......annoying....I started off using a fine grit and have moved to medium due to some of the panels I'm cleaning up had been painted a couple of times and they're baked on nice and hard.....

Reactions: 1 user

Griffin84ss

Master Mechanic
Supporting Member
Apr 14, 2017
Corinth Ky
Man that's awesome and looks to be on the cheaper side.!!! Good looking out

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
In the past I've seen interior parts covered in vinyl or fabric, and not for nothing, it looked like crap.
I think the fact that this wrap is thin, it covers well and looks natural.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor