Change angle of window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
What screws let me tip the window in or out? I replaced my outer sweep and tightwned the felts up to the glass and it was fine for a while. Now it seems to like to catch on the blow out clip. The window doesn't follow the curvature of the pillar, it rests on the inside of the clip between it and the door seal. Is that right? Any input is appreciated.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Anyone with "perfect" windows got any pics of how they're aligned compared to the seals?

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
The bottom of the window is in the middle of the door seal and the top tapers off to the outside, if that makes sense.

One More Pontiac...

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 26, 2019
CT
Just fixed the same issue on the left door of my GP with a big washer...the sheet metal had snapped at the vertical guide lower bolt hole.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

According to this guy at the 6:33 mark, that piece will change the angle of the window... which is what I'm after. Hopefully I'll get to it this weekend, I'll report back. His are power windows, I hope my car has the same setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor