changing from and rear seats

Status
Not open for further replies.

gula187

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 21, 2016
I want to change out my original seats in my monte carlo to something thats more updated. Has anyone ever did this and ow difficult is it accomplish? And what seats will work best? thanks in advance

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Have seen fourth gen Camaro and late model Grand Prix seats used. Lots of GM seats will bolt to the G body seat tracks.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
I want to change out my original seats in my monte carlo to something thats more updated. Has anyone ever did this and ow difficult is it accomplish? And what seats will work best? thanks in advance

I guess your starting point begins with what you have, and, what you don't like about it. Do you have buckets? Full bench? Split bench? Regular trim or pillow top seat trim?

Depending what you have will dictate what you need to buy or how easy the change is.

If you don't like the worn or faded fabric is one thing, but not liking the bolsters or contours is something different too.

Sometimes, updating through reupholstery, adding new/extra foam, and installing heaters on a factory seat frame is similar cost and better appearance than trying to find nice upholstered seats from a donor car

Reactions: 1 user

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
If your car already has bucket seats, most GM bucket seat that have been made from at least the late '70s to the early 2000s will bolt onto the factory bucket seat tracks. As for the rear seat, as ck80 has said, you might want to check with a trim shop, to see if they can change the contour of the existing seat, so its more to your liking, then re-upholster it. Other rear seats can be adapted, but it can get labour intensive (I.E. expensive). Sometimes just getting new upholstery can go a long way. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor