Charcoal Canister/ Line Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed1948

Royal Smart Person
Aug 6, 2016
Quinte West, Ontario
This is in regard to the occasional gas fumes. The line from the canister to gas tank, when I blow into it, makes bubbling sounds. Since it's supposed to be a vapor line I don't think it works as designed because of the liquid blockage. Now, I'm not sure if it's gas or clean gas in the line. I planned to blow compressed air through the line to clear it but will I push dirty gas back into the tank?
The best way to clear this issue is to disconnect the line to the gas tank. I'm going to drop the tank soon to service it.
I disassembled the charcoal canister - the charcoal was clean and dry, the foam spacers were good and the filter was only slightly dirty. I don't think a 'canister charcoal refreshment' is needed unless you have raw gas leaking from it or it's mechanically damaged. My charcoal only had a slight smell of stale gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor