Chassis Stiffening

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
Hello everyone,

Looking to do some chassis upgrades and can see tons of different style of braces were on g body’s. any idea where to get some?

so far doing a rear sway bar

81 Grand Prix

thanks

-dw-

Greasemonkey
Mar 15, 2021
Central MN
B990694C-15F8-482E-BC90-F0D64DFC1D22.jpeg

Solid body mounts will firm it up a bit.

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
It depends how stiff you want your ride to be. Will you be dragging? cruising? slalom? That would be where I'd start -- define the reason for your ride and go from there. Solid body mounts are great, but there are drawbacks as well. It all depends on your answers to the questions. You'll probably get more meaningful responses once you tell us your ride vision.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
It depends how stiff you want your ride to be. Will you be dragging? cruising? slalom? That would be where I'd start -- define the reason for your ride and go from there. Solid body mounts are great, but there are drawbacks as well. It all depends on your answers to the questions. You'll probably get more meaningful responses once you tell us your ride vision.
just cruising

Last edited:

Kiko

Master Mechanic
Apr 14, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
If it's just for cruising, then you don't need to stiffen the car with solid mounts. I'd replace the old, worn out mounts with brand new rubber. You might be tempted to go the poly route, but I found that it's not really required. A nice rear stabilizing bar and one up front will certainly help. Do a search on this site and you'll find plenty of examples. There are some great builds that you can follow -- very inspiring and educational.

Good luck with your ride and have fun!

Reactions: 3 users

rubio9800

Greasemonkey
Oct 10, 2020
California
If it's just for cruising, then you don't need to stiffen the car with solid mounts. I'd replace the old, worn out mounts with brand new rubber. You might be tempted to go the poly route, but I found that it's not really required. A nice rear stabilizing bar and one up front will certainly help. Do a search on this site and you'll find plenty of examples. There are some great builds that you can follow -- very inspiring and educational.

Good luck with your ride and have fun!
thank you for the advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor