Cheap but good Catalytic converters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Ditto on MagnaFlow, on my 99 Tahoe they even boosted the performance. Keep the air clean, leave them on.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Ditto on MagnaFlow, on my 99 Tahoe they even boosted the performance. Keep the air clean, leave them on.

The spun cats were first made for circle track cars in places that mandated cats for the race cars. There is very little restriction with them

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Never heard of Catco. Thanks
They been around for awhile. My last set I used was theirs, got them 20 years ago at Auto Zone & have/had a lifetime warranty that "The Zone" don't know how to/want to honor since the quit carrying them.

Reactions: 1 user

jim83

Apprentice
Mar 21, 2018
If you are in California, the replacement cats have to be BAR approved, there is a list of BAR approved cats by part #. If it doesn't have the correct part # , you fail - end of test no matter how clean it tested.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
The spun cats were first made for circle track cars in places that mandated cats for the race cars. There is very little restriction with them

Tell my TBSS - thing makes serious power through a pair of spun cats. But, I'll be damned if they work well as catalytics - truck is very stinky.

I have Catcos on the wagon and after it gets up to temp it smells waaaay better than the TBSS.

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
If you are in California, the replacement cats have to be BAR approved, there is a list of BAR approved cats by part #. If it doesn't have the correct part # , you fail - end of test no matter how clean it tested.
Funny, fail cause you didn't buy what they wanted & yet can pass the sniff test clean like they want won't pass. Now that is truely the way to go to ensure they have a reason not to pass you. Oh the People's Republic...

jim83

Apprentice
Mar 21, 2018
The object of requiring a BAR approved cat is that the cheap junk will not last - then its back to polluting . Cats in general are priced by how much
precious metal is in them, thus, there are no cheap & good cats. You can get by with a cheap cat for smog test if your state doesn't have a list of approved cats, but you get what you pay for.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor