MONTE CARLO Check Engine light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alain

n00b
May 4, 2020
Hello. I'm restoring the dash of my MonteCarlo 81. There is a light for the "Check Engine", but behind my dash there is no terminal (for the check engine line) on the connector that connects the dash to the fuse box. So, i'd like to know how does the "Check Engine light" works, and if there is a sensor that make it work when a problem is detected in the engine. My car doesn't came with CCC, or computer module, so i'd like to know what the "Check Engine light" was tracking on that model of Montecarlo, and what do I need to do to make it work.
Also i'd like to know about the speed sensor that appears on the pic. Where do i have to connect it?
And my last question is about the seat belt light. Also there is no terminal in the connector. Could someone explain me the wiring?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 18.02.49.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 18.02.49.jpeg
    294 KB · Views: 308
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 18.03.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-05-04 at 18.03.00.jpeg
    265.9 KB · Views: 350
Last edited:

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
if you have no computer and the check engine light is on remove the bulb

Reactions: 1 user

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Non-computer cars used the same dash bezel as the computer cars so they all will have a filtered lense for the Check Engine warning light. GM is cheap so it is cheaper for one set of warning light lenses than one for every market/model/options.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor