check engine relay? elecrical schematics needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
I'm working on ls swapping my 86 v8 regal and I am having trouble finding electrical diagrams. All I can find are the schematics for turbo cars. I'm looking for info on the v8 cars. is this a relay of some kind? there's a few resistors on the board inside this relay looking thing behind the glovebox. The yellow wires go to the engine light and the aldl plug. I pulled the board out and the light goes out. would this car have had an ecm? I bought it as a gutted roller. I'd like to know what wires go where. thanks for any help.

Attachments

• relay.jpg
    relay.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:

Jeff L

G-Body Guru
Nov 20, 2016
Southern AZ

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
thanks there is a lot of good info there but I cant find this relay on those diagrams.

somaphox

Apprentice
Jan 16, 2015
yes that would of had an ecm and of been a ccc system.the connector your holding i believe is the c.e/s.e.s lamp driver but may be wrong

could also be the vehicle speed buffer,the diagrams i have are fairly vague

Last edited:

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
Ok thanks. I bought a chiltons electrical manual online. That driver / relay definitely activates the check engine light. But I'm not sure how? There's no contacts like a normal relay. Just resistors. I think the speed buffer thing is green, over on the drivers side?

fastNYsix

Greasemonkey
Jan 24, 2017
Thanks, I might end up getting that one anyway. I figured at $15 I'd roll the dice on the chiltons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor