Check spelling before making

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Being from Pittsburgh Pa there are to many to list. Already mentioned, one that frustrates me ( especially from car people ) is the VIN NUMBER! or its brother PIN NUMBER! Then non auto related the word MASONRY, almost everybody pronounces it with a second A between the N and the R. I used to work with a guy that obviously went to the Archie Bunker school of English, it was always Royals Royce is just one example

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Being from Pittsburgh Pa there are to many to list. Already mentioned, one that frustrates me ( especially from car people ) is the VIN NUMBER! or its brother PIN NUMBER! Then non auto related the word MASONRY, almost everybody pronounces it with a second A between the N and the R. I used to work with a guy that obviously went to the Archie Bunker school of English, it was always Royals Royce is just one example
Keep in mind with our region having it's own version of English it's miracle anyone can spell properly.

• Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users
Nov 4, 2012
Keep in mind with our region having it's own version of English it's miracle anyone can spell properly.

I just had a conversation the other day about these three-

"Hiya Rer Bowl Var"

"Bowlevarealis"

"Mary Ello Mew"

• Indifferent
Reactions: 1 users
Nov 4, 2012
I just had a conversation the other day about these three-

"Hiya Rer Bowl Var"

"Bowlevarealis"

"Mary Ello Mew"

Translation for the non-Southwestern PA natives:

"Ohio River Boulevard"

"Boulevard of the Allies"

"Mario Lemieux"

By the way I had no idea how to spell any of these words or what the correct pronunciation was until I was about 13.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
i don't know what's worse,the sign/vinyl companies that are slipping up or the customers that pay for/accept it.it's bad advertising if nothing else for the sign companies.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
FYI - I feel I'm qualified to trim a busch no matter what you might think it means. Give me a call and I'll help your busch out.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor